If you love great beer, you're probably always searching for something local. There are many great choices found throughout Canada and even some found right in Ottawa. Here's a look at some of the best things you will find on the Ottawa craft beer scene.
Mill Street Brew Pub Ottawa
This is one of the best spots for craft beer in the city. It's situated in a 170-year-old historical grist mill and provides plenty of great choices. There are brewery tours available daily and you can enjoy one of the 14 beers on tap here, as well.
Another great choice is Brew Donkey. The tasting tour is the best way to learn about this spot. It lasts about five hours with complimentary snacks, plenty of education and plenty of beer. Tour prices range from $70 to $75 per person and allow you to sample some of the best beers, along with plenty more at this brewery. They also offer Ottawa residents a deliver service for craft beer.
Big Rig Brewery
This Ottawa choice is one of the better ones in the city. They offer 16 different craft beers and they use both German and Canadian malts. You will certainly find something here you will enjoy.
Other great places found in Ottawa for craft beer include:
- Beyond The Pale - A newer spot, but very popular already.
- Kichesippi Beer Co. - Found in Westboro Village with free brewery tours on Saturdays
- Clocktower Brew Pub - Provides some of the best seasonal favourites in the area.
- The 3 Brewers - Offers some of the best gourmet dishes paired with great craft beer.
- Beau's All Natural Brewing Company - A great choice for those coming from Montreal.
These are all great breweries found in Ottawa. The craft beer scene is thriving here and beer lovers are enjoying it quite a bit.