If you're new to the Ottawa area, discovering it in a unique way can help make it your new home. There's so much to see throughout the city and a tour is a great way to start. Here are some of the unique ways you can discover your new city.
There are many boat tours of the area because of the canal and the rivers. Some of the ways you can see Ottawa and the surrounding area by water include:
- 100 Islands Cruises Rockport - 23 Front Street, Rockport - Enjoy panoramic views of the Thousand Islands with a one to three hour sightseeing cruise.
- Au Feel de l'eau - 1 Casino Boulevard, Gatineau - This company provides both water taxies and cruises throughout the Ottawa area.
- Gananoque Boat Line - 6 Water Street, Gananoque - This is the oldest and the largest company in the area for passenger tours. They offer 22 departures daily in the summer and you can see all types of beautiful sights.
Another unique way to see Ottawa is from up above. Central Aviation at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum provides tours in a bi-plane. These tours will allow you to see Downtown Ottawa and Parliament Hill from up above. Tours are available seven days a week from May 1st to November 15th.
Another option allowing you to see the city from up above is a helicopter tour. Heli-Trembeland provides helicopter tours form the Canada Aviation and Space Museum. Flights are 20 minutes long and allow you to see the Ottawa River, Rideau Canal and much more.
One of the most intimate ways to get to know the Ottawa area is by bicycle. There are many tour companies and you can even rent a bike to see the city. Some of the ways to discover Ottawa by bike include:
- Escape Bicycle Tours - 207 Bank Street, Suite 301, Ottawa - This tour company provides plenty of bicycle tours with hidden city gems and historic landmarks along the way. Tours are offered from May to October.
- Ottawa Cycling Tours - Downtown Ottawa - This tour company provides plenty of cycling tours, which allow you to see the National Capital Region in an intimate way.
- RentABike - East Arch, Plaza Bridge, Rideau Canal, 2 Rideau Street, Ottawa - With multiple locations and plenty of bikes, you can rent a bike and see the city on your terms.
These are just a few of the very unique ways to see the city of Ottawa and the surrounding area. Whether you prefer to see it from above, by water or on a bicycle, there are plenty of unique options.