The Canadian War Museum is one of the coolest museums to enjoy, if you enjoy discovering the history of war. This museum provides plenty of exhibits and programs for all to enjoy. Here's what you can expect to find at the museum.
The museum provides both permanent and temporary exhibitions for visitors to enjoy. Sometimes, the museum also has special exhibitions, which always draw a larger crowd. The permanent exhibitions include:
- The Royal Canadian Legion Hall of Honour
- LeBreton Gallery: The Military Technology Collection
- Memorial Hall
- Regeneration Hall
- Canadian Experience Gallery 1 - Battleground
- Canadian Experience Gallery 2 - For Crown and Country
- Canadian Experience Gallery 3 - Forged in Fire
- Canadian Experience Gallery 4 - A Violent Peace
No matter the time of year, these exhibitions are always on display for visitors.
Along with these exhibitions, the museum hosts many temporary exhibitions including both special and traveling exhibitions.
Throughout the year, the Canadian War Museum provides plenty of programs for visitors to enjoy. Often, the programs fit with the time of the year, such as the Valentines for Vets program. Other programs coming up include:
- Debate: Conscription 1917 - Was it Necessary? - February 26th
- Panel: Gallipoli - Three Perspectives - April 23rd
There are always new programs happening at the museum.
Location, Hours and Admission
The Museum is open from 9:30am to 5pm every day of the week except Thursdays, when the museum is open from 9:30 am to 8pm. The Canadian War Museum is located in Ottawa at 1 Vimy Place. Admission is $13 for adults, $11 for seniors, $10 for students, $8 for children and family passes are $32 for families of three to five with two adults.
Passes for both the War Museum and the Museum of History are also available. Visitors can also purchase packages with an IMAX pass.